Today marks the last day of 2013 and tomorrow begins 2014. So as one year ends and other begins, we think of things we would like to do differently in the New Year. This leads us to reflect on everything that has happened in the past year. It becomes like a rebirth of sorts and we make our resolutions to make changes in our lives. One thing most of us needed reminding of, is that some things need to stay the same. You might be thinking, what is she talking about. Well, think about it and reflect on the good things that happened too. Do the good things need to change? No they don’t. The good needs to be focused on just as much as the things that need to change. I’m fairly certain everything you have done this year is not bad so why when it comes to resolutions we always focus on the negative. For me personally, I made some positive changes this year in my eating habits and I plan to continue that into 2014. I bought a juicer and started eating more organic food. It has helped me drop 20lbs and I have lots more energy and I barely have migraines anymore. So my main resolution for 2014 is to continue to have healthy choices when it comes to food.
I’m sure on FB feeds our being filled with articles on New Years resolutions and what your resolutions should be. I say enough with that and be true to yourself and focus on the good things you have done this year. Reflect on that and smile. I think we too often focus on things that need change and the negative and really the things we have done right should be what we dwell on. We need to stop being our own harshest critics and stop worrying what others think of us. I know it is so much easier to say but you can train yourself to see the good and let go of the bad. It’s in the words you choose and if you change something as small as the cup is half empty, to the cup is half full, you will be amazed at the difference. Focus on those little moments; they will bring you joy and stay with you. Go back through your phone and FB photos and see the fun times you had this year (don’t forget to back them up too as phones can die unexpectedly). And be thankful for these moments and continue them into 2014.
We were so grateful to capture wonderful weddings this year and to see our brides from previous years have babies, buy their first house and just to see how loving they are together.
And part 2 of this blog is are our favorite Dallas wedding moments from 2013. There were so many great moments that we captured this year and here are just a handful of the ones that stood out. Please vote for your favorite by leaving a comment with the number of the one that is your favorite. The winning bride and groom will receive a 16×20 canvas print. Voting will end on January 15, 2014 at 7pm.
One final thing, for every vote/comment that is received, we will donate a can of food to the North Texas Food Bank.
Voting is now closed!!!! We will announce the winner tomorrow 🙂
1. The wind picked up during the first look
2. The Bride’s Grandmother sees her moments before the ceremony.
3. The Bride’s StepDad comes to see the Bride.
4. The Bride and her Father in Law right after the ceremony
5. The Groom holds his Bride tight during their first look.
6. Sweet moment between the Bride and her mom.
7. These little girls gathered on the edge of the dance floor to watch the first dance.
8. These two exiting the church after their ceremony.
9. The 2 grooms embrace.
10. The cake design matches this guy’s hat at our steampunk wedding.
11. The Bride’s Grandparents gaze into each other’s eyes on the dance floor.
12. A traditional Czech Wedding Dance.
13. These two crossing the street to be transported to the church.
14. The Groom highfives his groomsmen as they join him at the altar
15. The Bride and her Bridesmaids have fun with the Groomsmen’s mustaches.
16. Sweet moment during this couple’s first look.
17. The Bride and Groom and their daughter interacting after the ceremony.
18. The Bride’s Dad holds back his tears.
19. The Bride and Groom letting loose on the dance floor.
20. The Bride’s Dad smelling the bridal bouquet as they wait to walk down the aisle.
21. The Bride and Groom ringing the Chapel’s Bell
22. This little girl was trying imitating me and “taking pictures”.
23. These kids decided the a new hairdo was needed
24. The flower girls waiting to walk down the aisle.
25. The Bride and Groom surrounded by the crazy Groomsmen on the dance floor
26. The flower girl dancing with the ring bearer.
27. The Bride peering out the window at her guests arriving.
28. The flower girl going through and picking up the flowers instead of dropping them.
29. Slam Dunk!!!
30. The Bride during the money dance.
We look forward to seeing all of your votes!!!!
Edit – Only 1 vote per person please and no voting for other people. They must vote themselves. We wanna keep this fair 🙂
And to close, we wish all a very Happy New Year’s Eve and a wonderful 2014 🙂